💡 Hire Me
I frequently help creators and businesses of all kinds to launch new products, define a strategy, build their online presence, or refine their process or messaging. I have also provided coaching and development services for individual creators who want to grow their skillset. I thoroughly enjoy doing this and encourage you to reach out for a friendly discussion if you're curious about any services I could help you with!
I am not seeking long-term, full-time employment at this time, but I'd be happy to work with you on a part-time or limited basis, and I charge on a sliding scale depending on the nature of the request and your personal situation.
- I have worked in formal product management, project management, design, and senior leadership roles for both Fortune 500 companies (Amazon, Expedia, The Home Depot) and rapidly growing startups with over a decade of corporate experience in the technology industry.
- I have independently launched a successful publishing company with a remote team of 20+ contractors and taken several technology startups from idea to market.
- I have personally authored more than 50 fiction and nonfiction books in multiple genres under a variety of pseudonyms and built a number of successful and growing online brands.
- I'm a self-taught programmer with experience in application planning, design, architecture, and maintenance and have handled significant portions of the coding for my own ventures.
How Can I Help You?
I'm a problem solver at heart. My core competency is in diving deep into your product or service, evaluating your user needs and market conditions, and then providing concrete and actionable suggestions you can use to grow your business or audience. This has implications for multimedia content of all kinds, including apps, books, videos, blogs, and games. I can also coach individuals on achieving any goals they have related to their career, business, or personal life.
Some examples of services I provide:
- Helping to refine your vision, design, or promotional strategy for a standalone application, book, or SaaS product.
- Building a website or application according to your vision via personal management of my on-staff team or extended contractor network.
- Assisting you with publishing and marketing a book you'd like to get in front of people.
- Providing experienced consultation on questions you have about publishing, technology, content creation, marketing, or business strategies.
- Coaching you on landing a job or developing your own skills in product design, coding, career growth, management, or writing, and helping you to build a sustainable business of your own.
- Directly performing or advising on a wide range of technical and publishing services. I have a dedicated team and a wide network of talented friends that I can draw on to assist with ghostwriting, editing, book cover design, coding, app design, hiring, and candidate sourcing for your project or company.
I prefer to keep these references pseudonymous on my public site but am happy to provide you with my LinkedIn profile and additional references if you have a project you'd like to discuss with me.
"[LW] is one of the most effective communicators, managers and coaches I've ever had the privilege to work with. She balances a massive load and works at lightning speed, all while maintaining a fun streak. Her high expectations and management style motivated me to excel at my own work and improve my approach to new responsibilities. I'm consistently amazed at how she detects exactly what's needed in the programs she oversees, and relentlessly drives high-quality results. Reporting to her felt like an accelerated degree in how to be awesome in one's career -- I'm so grateful I was able to soak up some of her expertise at [redacted], and I hope we work together again!"
"[LW] is a phenomenal strategist, thinker, product development expert, and mentor. If you're looking for a highly experienced professional to take your business, product, or career to the next level, I would recommend her without a shadow of a doubt."
"[LW] is an outstanding leader and Product Manager. I'm so grateful I had the opportunity to work closely with her at [redacted] to take new software products and features to market. [LW] has a strong technical acumen, is an outstanding business partner, and an effective communicator who maintained a full pipeline of improvements to our award-winning platform. I highly recommend [LW] and I have no doubt that I will hear more about her successes in the future."
"[LW] is a great manager and leader in general. She had a vision, put together a team, and drove the project forward through the many obstacles that a project of this size comes to. She gave very clear descriptions of the tool suite I was to build and understood the technical problems and tradeoffs that went with the requirements. In addition to me, she managed the engine developer and several artists, and she kept everyone in sync with the information they needed. When something was going to change in the engine, I was told ahead-of-time if any tool suite requirements changed. She's motivated, decisive, and an all-around great person to work with."